Our Discover more teacher programs provide relaxed opportunities for teachers to:
- Explore how our exhibitions, programs, resources and objects can be used as valuable learning resources.
- Identify links to curriculum.
- Discover our range of programs and resources for students and teachers.
- Meet other teachers and share ideas.
OCTOBER 1-2, 2015:
Queensland Museum will host a second Creative Lab Professional Development session in October, 2015.
Creative Lab - 21st Century Learning is a day and a half of collaborative learning designed to integrate creative thinking into STEM education.
This PD for Educators uses creative strategies for teaching and learning across the curriculum. Workshops include collaborations with other Creative, Cultural and Educational organisations in Brisbane City.
Regional Teachers will have a range of accommodation options available in close proximity to both venues.
Don’t miss out - tickets are strictly limited and on sale NOW.
Discover more - Rescue teacher program on Wednesday 5th August 2015, provides an exclusive FREE teacher preview of the Rescue exhibition coming to the Sciencentre from 25 July 2015 – 7 February 2016. This exhibition will support your teaching in Science and Technologies.
Creative Lab: STEM to STEAM - 21st Century Learning
In May 2015, we held our first of these professional development sessions. Over 100 Educators were animating, balancing, building, evaluating, creating and thinking outside of the square and across the curriculum!
Download the program for the next Creative Lab (Oct 16-17, 2015) to see photos of our teachers in action! What the teachers said:
- “The museum location allowed us to be immersed in the learning - a new, fun, and interactive way that allowed us to see the real possibilities for learning.”
- “All of the workshops offered something that could be used in school classrooms. It also gave me some ideas about school visits to the Museum and making them more interesting.”
- “Great workshop spaces; so different from a regular conference centre. It is inspiring to work in such a creative place.”
Discover more - Humanoid Discovery teacher program was held on 10 February 2015 and provided teachers with a free preview of the Humanoid Discovery exhibition which is on at the Sciencentre until 12 July 2015. Teachers attending the preview focused on the exhibition's main themes, links to the curriculum and how the exhibition could support their students' learning. Each teacher received a Teacher Pack as part of the program.
Discover more – Afghanistan: Hidden Treasures from the National Museum, Kabul provided teachers with a unique opportunity to preview this touring exhibition after school hours. The session showcased learning resources to support student learning and align with curriculum. This Professional Development session was attended by 70 teachers from South East Qld and Northern NSW. Our special thanks goes to those teachers who partnered with Qld Museum's Learning Team to further develop and describe educational resources and experiences this exhibition could offer.
Access information on other past teacher programs, including exhibition previews, object based learning and museum resources for teachers. Visit Resources to download teacher notes, student notes, activity sheets and more.
Teacher program topics include:
- Discover more - Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb
- Discover more - Whodunit?
- Discover more - Megawatt
- Discover more - Energy and Change
Contact Bookings for information on Teacher programs, school bookings or ways we could support your teaching of museum related themes.
Subscribe to our Learning E-news to keep informed about our changing exhibitions and ways we may meet teacher's needs.
Pest & Threats resource kit for schools from