A range of teacher programs provide relaxed opportunities for teachers to:
Explore how our exhibitions, programs, resources and objects can be used as valuable learning resources.
- Identify links to curriculum.
- Discover our range of programs and resources for students and teachers.
- Meet other teachers and share ideas.
Stay tuned by subscribing to our Learning E-news.
Free Exhibition Preview: 21 June - 16 Sept, 2016
Queensland Museum offers Teachers a FREE preview of our upcoming exhibition, Dinosaur Discovery - Lost Creatures of the Cretaceous.
This touring exhibition is back by popular demand, opening 21 June 2016, closing 9 October April, 2016.
Group Visit information and resources available.
Our offer is available for teachers only across weekdays, weekends and school holidays until the end of Term 3. Present photo ID and Teacher Registration at the exhibition entry on level 3.
Creative Lab: October 14 - 15, 2016
In October 2016, Creative Lab returns to explore STEM education through a day-and-a-half of Professional Development sessions for educators.
All participants will experience:
- Certification of CPD hours
- Keynote presentation by current Education Professional
- Three diverse, hands-on workshops investigating Museum collections
- Refreshments across both days
- Networking drinks (optional)
- Collaborative reflection and planning session to apply your experiences to your teaching practice (day two)
Places are limited - don't miss out. Tickets on sale NOW.
What teachers said in 2015:
- “The museum location allowed us to be immersed in the learning - a new, fun, and interactive way that allowed us to see the real possibilities for learning.”
- “All of the workshops offered something that could be used in school classrooms. It also gave me some ideas about school visits to the Museum and making them more interesting.”
- “Great workshop spaces; so different from a regular conference centre. It is inspiring to work in such a creative place.
Creative Lab: STEM to STEAM - 21st Century Learning
In May and October 2015, we held our first of these professional development sessions. Over 100 Educators were animating, balancing, building, evaluating, creating and thinking outside of the square and across the curriculum!
Download the program for Creative Lab (Oct 16-17, 2015) to see photos of our teachers in action!
Access information on other past teacher programs, including exhibition previews, object based learning and museum resources for teachers. Visit Resources to download teacher notes, student notes, activity sheets and more.
Teacher program topics have included:
- Discover more - Rescue teacher program 5 August 2015
- Discover more - Humanoid Discovery Teacher Program
- Discover more - Afghanistan: Hidden Treasures from the National Museum, Kabul
- Discover more - Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb
- Discover more - Whodunit?
- Discover more - Megawatt
- Discover more - Energy and Change
Contact Bookings for information on Teacher programs, school bookings or ways we could support your teaching of museum related themes.
Subscribe to our Learning E-news to keep informed about our changing exhibitions and ways we may meet teacher's needs.
Pest & Threats resource kit for schools from