A range of teacher programs provide relaxed opportunities for teachers to:
Explore how our exhibitions, programs, resources and objects can be used as valuable learning resources.
- Identify links to curriculum.
- Discover our range of programs and resources for students and teachers.
- Meet other teachers and share ideas.
Stay tuned by subscribing to our Learning E-news.
Free Exhibition Preview: 9 - 24 December, 2016
Queensland Museum offers Teachers a FREE preview of our upcoming exhibition, Hadron Collider.
This exhibition runs Dec 9, 2016 to April 25, 2017.
Our offer is available for teachers only across weekdays, weekends and school holidays until Christmas, 2016.
For admission, simply present photo ID and/or Teacher Registration with your contact details at exhibition entry on level 3.
Learning Resources and Videos for Hadron Collider available December
Creative Lab 2016
In October 2016, the Creative Lab series returned with a new program of empowering teachers and students in STEM Education.
Our informative, interactive sessions
- showcased projects and practices of STEM Industry Professionals
- invited teachers behind the scenes, taking an immersive view of the role of the Museum
- collaborated with University of Queensland School of Education to examine influences between neuroscience and learning
Creative Lab: STEM to STEAM - 21st Century Learning
In May and October 2015, we held our first of these professional development sessions. Over 100 Educators were animating, balancing, building, evaluating, creating and thinking outside of the square and across the curriculum!
Read what teachers say about Creative lab:
- Creative Lab STEM to STEAM: 21st Century Learning - May 2015
- Creative Lab 21st Century Learning - Oct 2015
- Creative Lab 2016 21st Century Learning - Oct 2016
Access information on other past teacher programs, including exhibition previews, object based learning and museum resources for teachers. Visit Resources to download teacher notes, student notes, activity sheets and more.
Teacher program topics have included:
- Discover more - Rescue teacher program 5 August 2015
- Discover more - Humanoid Discovery Teacher Program
- Discover more - Afghanistan: Hidden Treasures from the National Museum, Kabul
- Discover more - Mummy: Secrets of the Tomb
- Discover more - Whodunit?
- Discover more - Megawatt
- Discover more - Energy and Change
Contact Bookings for information on Teacher programs, school bookings or ways we could support your teaching of museum related themes.
Subscribe to our Learning E-news to keep informed about our changing exhibitions and ways we may meet teacher's needs.
Pest & Threats resource kit for schools from