Enrich your students’ visit to Queensland Museum by including a staff-led Learning Program. Teachers can book one or more of these programs as part of their visit experience.
School Programs provide opportunities for teachers and students to:
- Think like the scientists and historians
- Interact with real collection objects
- Understand what museums do
- Gain insight into our exhibitions and collections
- Enjoy learning experiences unique to museums
- Interpret information from primary and secondary sources
Programs are facilitated by Museum staff and showcase a range of museum experiences and object-based investigations. Each program supports Australian Science and/or History Curricula by developing your students’ understandings and inquiry skills.
Include School Programs in your visit
- For more information on school programs, click on the links in the table below
- All staff-led school programs must be booked. For more information click on the links in the table below
- All 2013 staff-led school programs @ $5.50/student (includes GST). Supervising Adults free
Book your visit
Planning your Queensland Museum Visit provides information for visiting groups about our services and venues
- Stay informed of programs, exhibitions, previews and resources by subscribing to our learning e-newsletter
2013 School Programs by year level:
NEW 2014 School Programs:
Come join us in the newly renovated INVENTory space on level 4 for creative exploration of museum stories with school programs that will encourage active participation and learning.
The Lost Creatures school program invites students to consider extinction and adaptations, then to work in groups to create their own unique creature that has adapted to a new environment. Combine this activity with a self-guided tour of our new exhibition Lost Creatures to get an understanding of Life, Extinction and Changes Over Time in Queensland’s Ancient History.
School groups are also invited to get hands-on in the new Make Your Museum programs which aim to engage students with what a museum does through object-based learning and role play. Aimed at different age groups and stimulating investigations into history, science and culture, these new programs link to Queensland Museum Loans resources so you can extend your learning back in the classroom.
These programs will be available in Term 1, 2014.
More information coming soon, or request more information when making a booking.
Continuing 2014 School Programs:
Investigating Insects (Prep - Year 4) and Biodiversity and Classification (Year 8 - 12) are 2013 school programs which will continued to be offered in 2014. Costs are $5.50/student (includes GST). Supervising Adults free.
Browse our full list of resources for before, during and after your Museum visit.
You must make a booking to visit the Museum. You have the option of including a School program, touring exhibition or Sciencentre visit in your Museum excursion. Please remember that your group size will impact on the time you need to allocate to your visit as some experiences need to be planned as sub-group rotations.